The Health and Safety Field Coordinator,under the direction forthe Health and Safety Manager, will be responsible for monitoring compliance to Patrick Mechanical Limited policies and procedures, customer policies and Government Regulations. You will also help coach supervisorsand stakeholders when evaluating the workplace health and safety performance of their teams. You will also help support the implementation of the communication plan to raise awareness and get employees motivated and willing to participate in matters related to workplace health and safety.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide Leadership in promoting a safety culture by guiding, mentoring, educating, training, and motivating PML employees.
- Lead the development and implementation of Health and Safety Risk Management by providing strategic direction and implementation.
- Perform all Health and safety Field activities as per Health and Safety Manager
- Ensure HSE regulatory compliance in all site activities
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety regulations, monitor compliance to policies and Report on Health and Safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Interfacewith MOL Inspectors regarding compliance with all safety aspects.
- Report on and ensure alignment with corporate HSE strategies
- Assist with aspectsof WSIB, PHR’s, JHA’s etc.
- Collect, evaluate and disseminate pertinent legal and other information relating to environmental, health and safety and introduces changes forthwith as applicable.
- Perform workplace visits, job observations and inspections with intent to coach and mentor.
- Audit safety performance, evaluate safety culture, and promote a well-functioning IRS.
- Inform Managers, while recommending and working on strategies to improve safety culture.
- Promote proactive and leading Health and Safety procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Deliver OH&S training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Promote Occupational Health and Safety within the organization and develop a safer work environment
- Evaluate practices and procedures and report Health and Safety Manager
- Contribute direct knowledge of health and safety programs to ensure improvement.
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health and safety principles , practices , and legislation
- Certified IHSA Construction Health and Safety Supervisor
- Ability in producing reports,good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Relevant field experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Offic
- Office work
- Noisy with distractions
- Sitting for long periods of time