About Patrick Mechanical Ltd.
Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
We are currently seeking a HSE Site Coordinator to oversee construction on an out-of-town project! Are you a dedicated, hardworking individual looking to become part of a growing and rewarding team? If yes, Patrick Mechanical Ltd is waiting for you!
This is a contract position for a duration of 6-9 months at Cote Mine. The schedule is two weeks on, two weeks off. Travel costs are covered by the employer.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensuring that all work activities at the site comply with HSE regulations and both company/ client policies
- Conducting regular risk assessments and implementing control measures to mitigate hazards
- Investigating incidents and accidents and developing reports with recommendations to prevent future incidents
- Participating in site safety meetings and liaising with site management to promote a culture of safety
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance with HSE standards and company policies
- Keeping up-to-date with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Coordinating and supporting site emergency response and evacuation plan
- Support daily HSE deliverables.
- Develop Risk Assessment procedures, present and enforce risk mitigation to the construction team.
- Developing and implementing environmental management plans
Qualifications & Experience
- NCSO Certification or working towards. Minimum CHSO required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Health and Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of OHSA and Regs 854 – Mines and Mining Plants, 851 – Industrial Establishments, 632/05 – Confined Spaces, WHMIS Regulation
- Must be able to develop JSA, PMRA, PHR, Safe Work Plans, NRHTA’s
- Must be able to read in front of groups at meetings
- Must not be shy to stop and correct
- Excellent organizational, motivation and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Relevant field experience
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Solutions based thinker with positive attitude
- Must be permitted on VALE and Glencore property
- Underground experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and MS Word
- Valid drivers license
- Must be willing to travel
- Work location: on the road
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position. If the license doesn’t apply to the position, please select “N/A.”