Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial, and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright, and related services.
Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic, and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers, providing efficient and cost-effective products and services.
We are pleased to offer the full-time permanent position of Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk. If you carry these qualifications and want to join a challenging work environment with an employer who supports continuous learning, we look forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the accounting software
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Reconcile accounts receivable reports to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information
- Resolve authorized and unauthorized deductions by entering adjustments
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals; preparing reports
- PML Accounts Payable Administrator provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Email, review and print supplier and sub-contract invoices
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter into Jonas Accounting Software
- Verification of monthly supplier statement
- Prepare and send out electronic funds transfer (EFT) as required
- Prepare, collate and issue cheque’s as required
- Print, report and reconcile Accounts Payable reports
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
Qualifications & Experience
- Acute attention to detail, well organized and efficient
- Must have experience with Microsoft programs; specifically Excel & Outlook (2010 or higher)
- Experience with electronic accounting software (Jonas Management Software an asset)
- Exceptional computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- General math skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with clients, customers and employees
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- 2-4 years’ experience in above duties
- Schooling related to Business Administration a benefit