Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Millwright is responsible Installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairs to industrial mechanical machinery and equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine workprocedures
- Install, align, take apart and move machinery andmechanical equipmentaccordingto layout plans using hand and power tools
- Plan lifts using rigging and hoisting equipment.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularitiesand malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Ability to useprecision tools such as laser alignment equipment, dial indicators, micrometers and precision and optical levels
- uses testing equipment such as vibration analysis as well as other techniques used in predictive and preventive maintenance
- Complete all documentation ina timely and accurate manner
- Possess the physical and mental capabilities to work under stressand control multiple tasks at a time,
- Coordinate with other departmentsand trades persons
- Performs related duties as required.
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Knowledge of the standard methods, materials and equipment used in the Millwright and related trades.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Companies policies and procedures.
Specific Skills Required
- Analytical, detail oriented, hands on, and a team player.
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Good Judgement
- Previous supervisor experience
- Field work (outdoors, dusty/dirty environments)
- Driving (sitting for extended periods, maintaining focus and alertness while operating company vehicle)
- Attimes it may be necessary to work outside of the regular work day inorder to complete their duties.
- Fast-paced environment;
- Work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Tight deadlines;
- OvertimeOn/Call required