Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Field Welderis responsible for all aspects ofwelding processes and certificates required for this position.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Capable of understanding key welding processes
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing’s specifications, manuals and processes; examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/ or specifications.
- Repetitive tasks
- handling heavy loads
- manual dexterity
- attention to detail
- hand-eye coordination
- sitting and/ or standing for extended periods.
- Experience welding in an industrial, mining or construction setting
- Ability to pass and maintain CWB & TSSA Weld tickets
- Proper precautions and safety upheld at all times
- Strong mathematical capability and layout skills
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- Coordinate with other departments and trades when required
- Performs related duties as required.
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Excellent knowledge of metals , relevant codes and good reading and math skills required
- Capable of completing assigned tasks from written/verbal instruction
- Basic blueprint reading capabilities and experience using a wide variety of precision measuring instruments
- Good verbal/written communication skills, positive attitude, ability to demonstrate effort to make improvements to job-related processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment;
- Good attention to detail and results oriented
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Companies policies and procedure
Specific Skills Required
- CWB Certification History of Certification
- TSSA Certification History of Certification
- SMAW Process Experience
- FCAW Process Experience
- GMAW Process Experience
- GTAW Process Experience
- Excellent dexterity and attention to detail
- Able to concentrate on detailed work for long periods
- Good vision and hand-eye coordination
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Good Judgement
- Previous supervisor experience
- Fast-paced environment;
- Outdoors, varied weather conditions
- Work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Tight deadlines;
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
- Overtime required