About Patrick Mechanical Ltd.
Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to support mechanical projects.
- Assist in job costing activities, including tracking, and analyzing project expenses.
- Create work orders based on project requirements and specifications.
- Monitor and trend job costing data to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Procure materials and components required for projects, ensuring timely delivery.
- Generate accurate and detailed AutoCAD drawings based on project specifications.
- Read, manipulate, and create new designs and drawings using appropriate software tools.
- Collaborate with team members to develop innovative and efficient design solutions.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, and regulations.
- Participate in project meetings and provide technical input as required.
- Conduct research and analysis to support design and engineering decisions.
- Assist in testing and troubleshooting mechanical systems as needed.
- Maintain documentation and records related to project activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Currently enrolled as a 3rd-year Co-op student in a College or University program.
- Strong interest in engineering and mechanical design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other relevant design software.
- Ability to read, interpret, and create technical drawings and designs.
- Basic knowledge of job costing principles and practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Familiarity with procurement processes and vendor management is a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes is desirable.
- Being enrolled as a 3rd-year Co-op student in a College or University program would be considered an asset.
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on the computer for long periods of time)
- At times it may be necessary to work outside of the regular workday in order to complete their duties.
- Lively, ON P3Y 1K6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driver’s License (preferred)
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position. If the license doesn’t apply to the position, please select “N/A.”