Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop and determine all standards to perform inspection and works on all procedures and oversee all working methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Supervise effective implementation of all work and inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
- Understands the labour requirements of the project; helps obtain labour rates and appropriate “add-ons” (e.g. labour burdens, small tools, insurances, and bonding) to be used in preliminary pricing of quantities
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation
- Develops familiarity with company’s Cost Control systems
- Estimating Software Program, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering and 8 years related estimating experience in heavy industrial construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.