About Patrick Mechanical Ltd.
Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Millwright Apprentice assists in installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairs to industrial mechanical machinery and equipment.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to follow instructions
- Help install, align, take apart and move machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Use rigging and hoisting equipment.
- Help inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Ability to use precision tools such as laser alignment equipment, dial indicators, micrometers and precision and optical levels
- May use testing equipment such as vibration analysis as well as other techniques used in predictive and preventive maintenance
- Complete all documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Possess the physical and mental capabilities to work under stress and control multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to use Laser Alignment or Dial Alignment tooling
- Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Millwrighting Apprenticeship set up with Ontario College of Trades
- Knowledge of the standard methods, materials and equipment used in the Millwright and related trades.
- Valid Drivers License
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position. If the license doesn’t apply to the position, please select “N/A.”