Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Field Advisor. If you carry the qualifications below and want to join a challenging work environment with an employer who supports continuous learning, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Health and Safety Field Advisor, under the direction for the Health and Safety Manager, will be responsible for monitoring compliance to Patrick Mechanical Limited policies and procedures, customer policies and Government Regulations. You will also help coach supervisors and stakeholders when evaluating the workplace health and safety performance of their teams. You will also help support the implementation of the communication plan to raise awareness and get employees motivated and willing to participate in matters related to workplace health and safety.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide Leadership in promoting a safety culture by guiding, mentoring, educating, training, and motivating PML employees
- Perform all Health and safety Field activities as per Health and Safety Manager and/or Lead H & S coordinator
- Ensure HSE regulatory compliance in all site activities
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety regulations, monitor compliance to policies and Report on Health and Safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Interface with MOL Inspectors regarding compliance with all safety aspects
- Report on and ensure alignment with corporate HSE strategies
- Assist with aspects of WSIB, PHR’s, JHA’s etc.
- Collect, evaluate and disseminate pertinent legal and other information relating to environmental, health and safety and introduces changes forthwith as applicable
- Perform workplace visits, job observations and inspections with intent to coach and mentor
- Audit safety performance, evaluate safety culture, and promote a well-functioning IRS
- Inform Managers, while recommending and working on strategies to improve safety culture
- Promote proactive and leading Health and Safety procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment
- Promote Occupational Health and Safety within the organization and develop a safer work environment
- Evaluate practices and procedures and report Health and Safety Manager
- Help contribute direct knowledge of health and safety programs to ensure improvement
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety principles, practices, and legislation
- Certified IHSA National Construction Safety Officer
- Ability in producing reports, good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Relevant field experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office