The Junior Accountant helps review and prepare daily accounting tasks such as financial reports, income statements, balance sheets, general ledgers, and cash flow statements. They may assist with maximizing return on financial assets by helping establish financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assisting Comptroller in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings and inter-company reconciliations.
- Preparing and submitting weekly revenue reconciliations, bank reconciliations, monthly financial reports, wire requests and responding to requests from shareholders for details on reported financial information.
- Updating financial data in databases to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Assisting with reviewing payroll records and expenses, among other items as assigned.
- Assisting in the processing of income statements, balance sheets, and other financial statements as per the company’s legal, financial, and accounting guidelines.
- Helps protect assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising Comptroller on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Comptroller.
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting an asset and /or Business administration certification in accounting stream.
- Experience working for various companies, tight deadlines.
- Possess or is willing to work towards CHRP certification.
- Experience in Financial Software.
- Ability to multitask and handle fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on the computer for long periods of time.)