Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service. Our completely equipped fabrication shop and fully qualified employees are committed to offering the highest quality of workmanship available. Patrick Mechanical produces some of the finest and most multifaceted fabrication in Northern Ontario.
We are pleased to offer the permanent full time position of Junior Civil Engineer. With over twenty seven years in Sudbury, Patrick Mechanical Limited is very proud to offer this exciting career opportunity.
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Assists the Operations Manager, deliver bid before specified closing time, and maintains confidentiality of subcontractor/supplier bid pricing
- Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance;
- Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes;
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses;
- Develops and maintains relationships with key subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation
- Addresses addendums, change orders, etc.
- Performs customer follow-up of proposals
- Develops familiarity with company’s Cost Control systems
- Performs Duties as required
Specific Skills Required
- Practices good communication skills
- Reads, analyzes and interprets documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions
- Experience in the industrial/construction/mining sector’s an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Mechanical/Civil Engineering
- Willing to train