Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based mechanical contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical is a growing, dynamic and innovative mechanical company with an extensive fleet of skilled workers allowing us to offer services all over Northern Ontario. We are loyal to our customers; providing efficient and cost effective products and services.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up material list requirements, cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Manage and co-ordinate projects and prepares progress schedules
- Prepares quantity take-off of materials, identifies subcontracted work as required in the bid tendering process
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
- Prepares labour hour calculations and crew durations for costing
- Participates in preliminary pricing of quantities and assists with preparing general & special conditions cost estimate
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering and 8 years related estimating experience in heavy industrial construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.